How Amylase Works
About the How Amylase Works Lesson
A lesson to demonstrate how the enzyme Amylase works.
• That starch is found in certain foods and is also a main ingredient in some commercial products such as spray we use to iron clothes.
• That iodine turns into a dark purple when it contacts starch.
• That saliva contains Amylase.
• That Amylase is an Enzyme.
• That amylase breaks down starch.
Our saliva contains an enzyme called: ?Amylase?. Amylase breaks down ?starch?. Starch is found in many foods like bread, rice, wheat, potatoes and some fruits. Starch is also used as a main ingredient in household products like the ?starch? we use to iron our clothes.