Climate Change in Canada
About the Climate Change in Canada Lesson
This lesson provides an introduction to climate, geography and climate change using Canada as a model. Students will learn the main climate regions of Canada, what climate change is and the effects on Canada?s climate.
• To identify the main climate regions of Canada.
• To define climate change.
• To identify the effects of climate change on Canada?s environment.
• To describe the global effects of climate change.
• To describe ways that humans can avert climate change.
Extending from the tundra of the Arctic to the fields of the prairie, Canadian climate is as diverse as the landforms; mountains, plains, many lakes and other bodies of water, permafrost and areas of vegetation. It is truly an interesting country to study.
Unfortunately, there are some outside forces which threaten to disrupt the climate of Canada. What are these forces? What can be done to avoid the effects of those forces on Canada?s climate?