Eating Healthy, Eating Right
About the Eating Healthy, Eating Right Lesson
To introduce the importance of eating healthy to students.
• Students will get an introduction of what it means to eat healthy.
• Students will learn why it?s important to eat right.
• Students will learn ways they can start eating healthier foods.
1. In front of the class, lay out candy bars, soda cans, and any prepackaged foods such as donuts, cupcakes, or muffins.
2. Now ask the class the following questions.
a. How many of you eat at least one of these items each day?
b. How many of you eat at least 2 of these items each day?
3. Now ask, how many of you eat out at a fast food joint or restaurant at least once a day? How about 2 times a week? More than 3 times?