Parts of Speech - Sorting Nouns and Verbs
About the Parts of Speech - Sorting Nouns and Verbs Lesson
The focus of this lesson is to teach students the meaning of nouns and verbs. The students will also practice the skill of reading basic vocabulary and classifying.
• The student will be able to identify nouns and verbs from dictated words.
• The student will be able to identify written words as nouns or verbs.
• The student will be able to sort a set of words into two groups: nouns and verbs.
• The student will be able to follow directions to complete the word-sorting sheet.
Materials: Copy of the Word Cards
Copy of the Word Sorting Worksheet
1. Identify the meaning of nouns and verbs. Nouns are defined as words that name a person, place or thing. Verbs are defined as words that identify an action or state of being.
2. Have the students make an ?N? with their fingers, then a ?V? with their fingers. When you say a word, they will make either an ?N? or a ?V? to indicate if the word is a noun or a verb.